Tuesday, December 24, 2019

He Came.

...and You came for me, Lord, the unlikeliest of unlikelies, the sorriest of sinners, the runt of the litter, the last of the crop. For me, the undeserving.

You came for the sole and glorious purpose of saving me. Me, a dirty sinner. Me, a no-good nobody.

You humbled and, at times, humiliated Yourself so that I might be given a second chance. A better chance than any I ever would have gotten otherwise. A better chance than I could ever obtain, attain, or deserve.

You gave up all You had so that I could have it. You gave me all I have so I could give it all back.

You came--You slept on the hay, You suffered the ridicule, You turned the tables and You rolled away the stone--all for me. All for a sin-stained villain like me.

I bet that took a lot of love. A lot of courage? A lot of selflessness and a lot of humility.

Why'd You do it, Lord? I don't know if I would have. Suffer the pain and heartbreaks of this world--die a slow and painful death on a tree--to save an ignorant, hypocritical human like me? It sounds unthinkable. It seems crazy.

But You must have really cared. You must have really wanted to do all that--all those horrors, all for me.

You came as a fragile newborn.

You suffered.

You bled.

You died.

You came from Heaven to Earth, from glory to filth, from splendor to sorrow.

For me.

Cradle to coffin, manger to tree--

Thank You for coming, Lord.

Coming for me. ✧

No comments:

Post a Comment

a prayer - 6-4-24

 I am a fool, Father. I am building my life on sand. I am a willing but miserable slave to my own emotions, desires, impulses, dreams, and w...